"Turn Windows Features On or Off" error....
I get this error when I exit "Turn Windows Features On or Off". Anybody know what it means? I seem to get a similar error when I try to run Windows Media Center...Expression:(pe->_fBit.bSpecKeyFocused && (pe == peLost))Incorrect keyboard focus stateFile: "d:\rtm\windows\advcore\duser\directui\engine\core\element.cpp"Line: 2824
June 15th, 2008 11:09pm

Hello, Please check whether you have installed the latest Service Packs on your server. If it is a Windows Server 2008 box, please ensure that you have installed the RTM version of Operating System. Please also try to perform a clean boot to verify whether this issue is caused by some third-party services. To perform a clean boot, please do as follows: 1. Click Start->Run...->type msconfig and press Enter 2. Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and Disable All third party Services. 3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items 4. Click OK and choose Restart If the above steps dont help finding the cause of this issue, you need debug the memory dump files to solidly locate the root cause. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do here. We are unable to effectively assist with this inquiry in the forum. Therefore, I'd like to recommend that you contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS). For more information on available CSS services, please click here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607. Hope this issue could be solved soon.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 20th, 2008 12:46pm

Tried that, unfortunately it didn't work. Thank you for your suggestions, though.
June 22nd, 2008 5:51am

Hi, As I have mentioned, we are unable to effectively assist with this inquiry in the forum.To solidly locate the root cause, I'd like to recommend that you contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS).Please refer to:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607.Thanks.
June 23rd, 2008 8:51am

Apparently Jian-Ping Zhu is suggesting you go talk to the "http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607."6 hours later I am completely convinced Jian and M$ don't know anything about vista. Its answers like above that makes me wonder how these "msft support" people can keep a job.
December 24th, 2008 8:11pm

If you downloaded your copy of Vista from an MSDN subscription, you're probably running a Vista Ultimate "Checked/Debug" version. Go back to your MSDN subscription downloads and look for the "Windows Vista (x64 or x86) - DVD (English)" version. Just make sure you use the key for the correct product (Business, Ultimate, Basic, etc.)Hope this helps - this check/debug version of Vista was about to drive me insane! I couldn't believe Vista had a black screen for 35 seconds before it started and ran so slowly, but now I realize it was the debug version.N
January 5th, 2009 8:34am

If you downloaded your copy of Vista from an MSDN subscription, you're probably running a Vista Ultimate "Checked/Debug" version. Go back to your MSDN subscription downloads and look for the "Windows Vista (x64 or x86) - DVD (English)" version. Just make sure you use the key for the correct product (Business, Ultimate, Basic, etc.)Hope this helps - this check/debug version of Vista was about to drive me insane! I couldn't believe Vista had a black screen for 35 seconds before it started and ran so slowly, but now I realize it was the debug version.N It's about time someone answers the question ... and I can't believe no one gives this guy credit. Bravo Natron2000 ! I found your post beofre I literally put my foor through my server rack. Thank you!
June 25th, 2009 4:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics